As the world becomes more reliant on the internet to conduct business, communicate, and educate, cyber threats are constantly evolving. The need for cybersecurity professionals who are trained to safeguard sensitive information and protect organizations from threat actors is growing constantly. Stratus Cyber would like to help bolster this growing community by offering a scholarship to one student each year who is interested in studying cybersecurity. If you are a student interested in cybersecurity (IT security, infosec, network security, etc.), we want to work with you towards accomplishing your educational goals.
Stratus Cyber is offering an annual cybersecurity scholarship of $500 to one student who demonstrates interest in pursuing a course of studies in cybersecurity or a related field.
Who Can Apply?
Any undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school may apply. Proof of enrollment is required.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Write an essay of 1000+ words that answers the following question: Why is cybersecurity important? Include information about the global impact of cybersecurity, what you hope to contribute to the field, and your own educational goals.
- Essay submissions open January 1st, 2021 and close September 1st, 2021.
- All submissions should be sent to [email protected] in the form of a .doc or .docx file.
- Please include “Scholarship Essay Submission” in the subject line of your email.
- Non-original essays will be disqualified. This includes essays previously published online in any format.
- Essays will be judged based on originality, quality of expression, and development of ideas in response to the theme.
- The winner will be notified via email.
Personal information and essays will not be shared with third parties and are for internal use only.
Please direct all questions to [email protected].